LTO-6 Tape Drive with SAS Interface
- Desktop LTO-6 with SAS connectivity
- 2.5 TB native storage capacity per tape cartridge
- LTO tape has 30+ year shelf-life - Significantly longer than hard drives
- Up to 160 MB/second data transfer rate
- Reads and writes to both LTO 5 & 6 tapes, reads LTO 4 tapes
- Connects to mTape TB for simultaneous copies to two LTO-6 tapes
- Compact, portable form-factor
- DC powered - Enables use in any environment
- LTFS utility mounts mTape like a hard drive for drag & drop functionality
- Mac OSX and Windows compatible
- Ships with LTO-6 tape, Cleaning tape and SAS cable (SAS HBA required)
- Upgradeable to Thunderbolt connectivity
LTO tape offers a shelf-life of 30+ years and a reliability level that exceeds what is achievable with spinning disk and solid state drive technology. mTape is the ultimate archiving solution to safeguard important digital media for the long term. And LTO tape is not only more reliable than disk, but much more cost effective.
Hello LTFS. Drag. Drop.
mTape SAS supports the Linear Tape File System (LTFS). With LTFS, mTape SAS mounts just like a hard disk with drag and drop functionality.
Our free mTape Utility is the simple way to mount mTape SAS using LTFS. Once installed, just connect mTape SAS to your SAS equipped Mac and launch the utility to safely format, mount, and eject tapes.
Backup. Archive. Works with your favorite software.
mTape SAS is compatible with industry leading software including: